1. Do you feel your current site promotes a favorable user experience?
Why? Why not?
2. What specific areas of your current site do you feel are successful?
Why are they successful?
3. What shortcomings exist with the current site and what three things
would you change on the site today, if you could?
4. Have you conducted usability tests on your current site? If so, how
long ago? Please include any reports or findings.
5. How important is it to maintain your current look and feel, logo,
1. What are the main reasons you are redesigning your site? (New business
model, outdated site, expanded services, different audience, etc.)
2. What are your primary online business objectives with the site redesign?
What are your secondary objectives? (Increased sales, marketing/branding
awareness, reduce customer service calls, etc.) Please discuss both
long- and short-term goals.
3. What is the main business problem you hope to solve with the site
redesign? How will you measure the success of the solution?
4. What existing strategy (both on and offline) is in place in order
to meet the new business objectives?
1. Use a few adjectives to describe how the user should perceive the
new site. (Ex: prestigious, friendly, corporate, fun, forward-thinking,
innovative, cutting edge, etc.) Is this different than current image
2. How is your company currently perceived offline? Do you wish to carry
through the same kind of message through your web site?
3. How does your company differentiate itself from competitors? Do you
think your current audience differentiates you from your competition?
Please list competitor URLs.
4. List any URLs of sites you find compelling. What specifically do
you like about these sites?
1. Will this site use existing content from the current site? If so,
what is the source and who is responsible for approval? If not, will
you be creating content in-house or using an outside provider?
2. What is the basic structure of the content, and how is it organized?
Is it a complete overhaul of the current site, or an expansion?
3. Describe visual elements or content which should be utilized from
your current site or marketing materials (logo, color scheme, navigation,
naming conventions, etc.).
4. How will the content of this site (along with functionality and navigation)
expand or differ from your current site? Do you have an existing sitemap
for the outgoing site structure? Do you already have a sitemap or outline
for the proposed redesign?
1. What is your target platform and browser (if you know)?
Audio, etc.) you would like to use in the site? If so, how will they
enhance the user experience? Please describe in detail.
3. Will you have database functionality (dynamic content generation,
search capabilities, personalization/log-in, etc.)? Do you already have
a database in place? Please describe in detail, including specific information
regarding existing programs and software.
4. Will you have a need for secured transactions (e-commerce)? Do you
already offer transactions online? Please describe in detail.
5. Will you require other specific programming needs (personalization,
search capability)? Please describe in detail.
Please take as much space as you wish.